Monday, June 16, 2014

"Wetlands" Card

Hello, Stamping Friends!  Last Friday I met with some of my stampin' buddies and we stamped for the entire day!  Everyone cranked out a lot of cards.......except me!  I had so much that I wanted to get done, but I started with this "Wetlands" card that I saw on Pinterest - the original designer is Jen Nelson - but for some reason, I just wasn't happy with it!  It looked beautiful on Pinterest, but when I stamped it in real life, it just felt.....well......like it was lacking something.  I spent the entire day messing with it.  My stampin' buddies offered their suggestions, and I tried all of those, but kept coming back to just the simpleness of this card.  After looking at it for several days, I've decided that I like it just the way it is.......just plain like this.....I guess!  Hmmm....has that ever happened to you?  Still not sure if I'm completely happy with it, but I'm going with it!  I'm going to take quite a few of these cards to The Solana, a retirement community near my house, to use for their male residents.  I hope they like it!

Here's the recipe.  All supplies are from Stampin' Up!:

Paper:  Pool Party
Stamps:  Wetlands; Something to Say
Inks:  Soft Suede Marker; Smoky Slate Marker; Smoky Slate 
Miscellaneous:  Stampin' Dimensionals; Stamp-a-ma-jig

Check back tomorrow for some super-cute baby cards!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is very nice as is. Perhaps a line or two of scoring if you really want something else? I know what you mean. I stamp with friends and don't get anything done! But I have a good time!

Bonnie said...

This is very nice as is. Perhaps a line or two of scoring if you really want something else? I know what you mean. I stamp with friends and don't get anything done! But I have a good time!

penguinstamper said...

Wow, Bonnie, that's an excellent suggestion! I wish you had been stamping with us that day. I would have done some score lines! That would have added some nice texture on the front instead of being so flat! Thank you - I will keep that in mind if I ever make this card again. Right now, after making 20, I'm kind of sick of it! Ha!

Unknown said...

Hello Penny! I found you from Stampin' Connections where I saw your beautiful Spring/Summer sampler. It was gorgeous and I loved it. I'm still trying to figure out how you used 4 ef without leaving lines!! Anyway, just wanted to say that I think you're a fabulous stamper and really love your style. I am so glad that you shared how you messed with this all day (weird to say?) because I do the same thing and always thought I was the only one!! I'll spend a half hour moving my elements around the page trying to figure out the best order and get so frustrated by the creative brain fart--I just thought I must not be a great or creative stamper!! Thank you for letting me know that it happens with you too!! I think the final card is perfect--sometimes simple works out better! Happy stamping!

Unknown said...

PS I was so sad to see that you are no longer on Stampin' Connections! Glad that you're still making beautiful cards and I found your blog!

penguinstamper said...

Hi Bree! How nice of you to contact me! I have to be honest, 99% of my creations are copied from other people who really ARE crafty - I just enjoy copying! Ha! I'm really good, though, at copying! Even more importantly, I know who to copy from! I intend to stamp for many years to come and I will be sharing all of that on my blog! Stay in touch - it can be really quiet out here in retirement land! I'm not complaining, though - nice and quiet are exactly what I want!