Thursday, June 12, 2014

Popsicle Cards!

My daughter just recently had a tonsillectomy at the age of 19 - OUCH!  It's been WAY worse than we ever imagined.  When people hear you're having a tonsillectomy, they say, "Oh, you get to eat lots of Popsicles and ice cream," which makes it all sound kind of fun, but let me assure you, there is NOTHING fun about it.  Since I've been on a real card-making binge lately - a period of uncontrolled self-indulgence with stamping - I thought I'd make some Popsicle cards to give to Haley's doctor to send to her patients after they've had a tonsillectomy.  Since there's a two-week recovery period, there is plenty of time to drop a card in the mail to her patients to let them know she's thinking of them.  How often have you gotten a card from your doctor after surgery?  NEVER!  I think it would be such a nice personal touch for a doctor to do that - especially to send a hand-stamped card.  I'm hoping she'll like this idea and will want more in the future.  Who knows, maybe she'd even ask me to make cards for all of her patients after surgery.  I've got some cute Band-Aid stamps I could use!  First, I made some cards for my own personal stash that say "Enjoy Summer."  Love these Popsicles. 


Aren't they cute?  Of course I had to add a rhinestone for some bling!  This card is appropriate for females, so I'll have to make some Popsicle cards for boys.  I guess boys have their tonsils removed, too, don't they?

I thought "Happy Healing" was perfect for tonsillectomy Popsicle cards.  After all, you're not sick - you're healing!  I used a mix of Papertrey supplies (PTI) and Stampin' Up! (SU) supplies for these cards.  Here's what I used:

Paper:  Whisper White (SU)
Stamps:  And Many More (SU); Summer Sweetness (PTI)
Inks:  Basic Black (SU); Melon Mambo (SU); Pumpkin Pie (SU); Lucky Limeade (SU); Rich Razzleberry (SU)
Miscellaneous:  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (SU); Big Shot (SU); Stampin' Dimensionals (SU); Stamp-a-ma-jig (SU); Rhinestone Jewel (SU); Black and White Baker's Twine (SU); Popsicle Die (PTI)

Update:  We met with Haley's doctor and gave her the "Happy Healing" cards.  She absolutely loved them!  She has just finished 15 years of study of the head and neck and will be traveling to Prague to hold a party for her family and friends to celebrate finishing her medical studies.  She'd like to give a card to her guests that will contain her picture, along with information about her schooling and her achievements, as well as some room to write a personal note to each guest, on the inside.  She asked if I would be willing to design the front of that card and make them for her.  Really?  I'd be honored to do that - Haley and I just love her - and I'm looking for a rubber stamp of a doctor's bag and a stethoscope.  Not to worry, I found a beautiful vintage one - and now I'm busy!  She wants 40!  Just wish she could take me to Prague with her.  The party will be in a castle!  AWESOME!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I remember having my tonsils out when I was 12! I couldn't even eat ice cream or Popsicle. It was too painful! I hope your daughter is feeling better. What a wonderful idea to give these to her Dr. What a nice thought!

penguinstamper said...

Thanks, Bonnie! The doctor was very excited about that idea! Now that I'm retired, I need stamping projects to keep me busy! I'll continue to keep donating my cards. Maybe it will turn into some orders for cards, which would be nice! Today I'm trying baby cards for my OB/GYN. I'll let you know what happens! :) Have a good day stamping, my friend!