Friday, May 11, 2012

Disney World 2012 with Stampin' Up!


We just recently returned from the Stampin' Up! Disney World trip!  I felt a tinge of excitement as we entered Walt Disney World!  Even at 54 years old, there IS something magical about it!

Mickey Mouse ears on our bed!


We stayed at the beautiful Boardwalk Resort.  Here is the view from our balcony.  We could see lovely gardens below us.  At night, we could see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom!  WOO HOO!


Here's my sweetheart and I enjoying the hospitality room that Stampin' Up! set up for all of us.  It was a nice, relaxing place to go to visit with our friends, GET CANDY, and spin for prizes!  It's a really fun place to hang out!

All throughout the Boardwalk Resort, there were unbelievable flower arrangements.  It was a gorgeous hotel!

A close-up of one of the arrangements!


This is the entrance into the resort.  It was so pretty at night with all the lights.

Another view of the Boardwalk Resort.

And here it is, THE castle at Magic Kingdom!  Isn't it gorgeous?  I just know Cinderella is in there!


What impressed me and Randy so much is how clean Magic Kingdom is.  Not a blade of grass is out of place and it is a beautiful park.  Wish I could sleep in that castle just ONE night!


Me and Randy in the tunnel of love!  Actually, it was the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but we pretended it was the tunnel of love!


While at Magic Kingdom, we had the good fortune of having lunch with Meg Wheeler and Suzy Hatfield at the Liberty Tree.  I enjoyed that lunch so much with them and the food was exceptional........well, theirs was!  They had pot roast that I understand was to die for.  My hamburger was a little dry.


Me and Randy at the Liberty Tree in Magic Kingdom.


The beautiful Magic Kingdom grounds.



If you don't know this lovely lady, YOU SHOULD!  This is my good friend Judy Garza and her husband Pablo!  We hung out together quite a bit during the Disney trip and it was a blast to be with them!  They make me laugh, they make me cry, they are easy to be with, they make you feel comfortable.  I just love them!  We were on our way to Downtown Disney!


Although this picture is blurry, I just had to post it!  One night we went to Beaches and Cream for ice cream.  Pablo ordered the No Way, Jose, which is ice cream, peanut butter and fudge.  Judy ordered pralines and cream - just a couple scoops - and this is what she got!  I understand that Judy got quite sick that night and has vowed to never eat pralines and cream ice cream EVER again!  We'll see about that!  **Since posting this, Judy has informed me that I misquoted her!  She said she vowed to never eat that much ice cream so soon before turning in for the night!  It was also butter pecan ice cream, NOT pralines and cream!  As you can see, I was totally absorbed in my own Beaches and Cream dessert (a big brownie with hot fudge and ice cream on top) to really be paying attention to what Judy was eating!


This is one of the beautiful gardens at Epcot.  I just can't get over how beautiful the landscaping is everywhere you look!  Epcot is where my favorite ride is - Soarin'!  If you've never done it before, you've gotta do it.  It is quite fun!


This is the set of Indiana Jones at MGM Studios.  This is where we had our farewell dinner.  All of those tables were for us!  After a short Indiana Jones show, we got to eat dinner on the set and have our pictures taken in different Indiana Jones scenes!  It was lots of fun, there was TONS of delicious food to enjoy, and it was a lovely evening!



Here we are with Mickey and Minnie!  I must say that I was a little worried about this trip.  Since we are not big "ride" people and since neither one of us are "that" into Disney or Disney characters, I just couldn't imagine what we would do this entire trip or if we'd have fun, but I have to tell you that we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and had such a nice, relaxing vacation.  It was a week of absolute joy and happiness and it will be a trip I'll remember for years to come!  Thank you, Stampin' Up!, for treating us to such a nice trip, and thank you to all of my customers and TOPICS! members who helped me achieve it!  After all, when you're at Disney, dreams do come true!

1 comment:

Susan said...

thank you for sharing your Disney moments! I hear what you're saying about the age factor & enjoyment; glad it was a perfect trip!