Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mouthwatering Card Sample

One of my FAVORITE things to eat is watermelon! On a hot summer day, nothing is quite as good as a cold, juicy, refreshing piece of watermelon! Unfortunately, I like to sprinkle salt on my watermelon, but....well......I gotta be me! This is a card we made at my "Sweet Shop and Tea, Pretty as Can Be" Camp Wannastamp. Everyone had the choice of stamping it with or without our Melon-Scented Embossing Powder, and it smelled pretty good over by my kitchen table where we were making this card! I found this beautiful card idea from my sweet friend Mary Fish, who was kind enough to grant me permission to copy her card! The recipe is below. All supplies used and shown are from Stampin' Up! To order these great products, visit my 24/7 online store at www.pennythomas.stampinup.net and click on "Shop Now."
Recipe:
Paper: Whisper White - 8-1/2 X 5-1/2; Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper - 2-3/4 X 2-1/2; Lucky Limeade Designer Series Paper - 3-3/4 X 3; Melon Mambo - 3-3/4 X 2-1/2; Whisper White - 3-1/2 X 2-1/4; Whisper White scrap; Melon Mambo scrap; Basic Black scrap (for the seeds - use the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch!)
Stamps: Mouthwatering; Fabulous Phrases
Inks: Lucky Limeade Marker; Melon Mambo Marker; Versamark Pad; Basic Black
Miscellaneous: SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals; Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch; 2-1/2" Circle Punch; 2-Way Glue Pen; Word Window Punch; Black Brad; Paper Piercer with Mat; Melon Mambo 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon - 19" long; Scissors; Stamp-a-ma-jig; Melon-Scented Embossing Powder; Heat Tool

2 comments:

Anjii said...

Yummy! I love the bold color blocking... perfect for the watermelon! I have a little award for you on my blog... http://coffeetablecrafter.blogspot.ca/2012/04/i-won-liebster-blog-award-and-im.html

Virginia S. Cox aka"Sam" said...

I also sprinkle salt on my watermelon and cantaloupe and bananas. Yum.