Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Elegant Lines Valentine's Day Card Sample

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU! I have a very good friend, Judith Walker, who is an amazing homemaker, seamstress, cook, and paper-crafter. She absolutely loves working with her hands. She is very particular and meticulous and she creates masterpieces like this when she works! She sent me this lovely Valentine's Day card and when I opened the envelope, I was breathless! It is stunning to see this card in real life. She scored lines down the top layer so she'd know right where to sew those hearts on. Don't you agree this is a masterpiece? It reminds me of a quote by John Ruskin: When love and skill come together, expect a masterpiece. I am so proud and lucky to have one of Judith's masterpieces! Happy Valentine's Day to YOU, Judith. You have a beautiful heart, my friend, and your masterpiece has melted mine!

2 comments:

Mary Colemon said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Penny! You could do this with a number of things: circles, small ovals, squares, etc. It's so elegant.

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome card -- so beautiful and it makes me want to get out my sewing machine.