Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010!

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We were totally relaxed. We didn't go anywhere and no one came to see us, so there was no stress about what time dinner got put on the table and no stress about what the house looked like - and that was WONDERFUL! Now, don't get me wrong, it's very nice to be with family and friends for Thanksgiving, but when circumstances don't work out that way, you have to be happy with what you've got, right? I'm 53 years old and had never cooked a turkey - so this was the year! It turned out quite nice! My husband was in charge of carving the turkey, my son was in charge of the rolls (and we make our own butter on Thanksgiving, which is so much fun to do), and my daughter was in charge of the fruit salad. It all came together very well and we had an enjoyable Thanksgiving meal together! And of course there was pumpkin pie and buttermilk pie (my daughter's favorite)! I received this adorable pumpkin pie card in the mail from my sister, Pam D'Urso, who has a phenomenal blog, www.sweetpeabunny.blogspot.com. Now remember, this is someone who several years ago didn't care the least about Stampin' Up!, but I recruited her!!!!! Good move on my part! She's on fire now and makes the most adorable things that I periodically steal! I'm putting this Thanksgiving card away and will definitely make it next year at my fall stamp camp! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm thankful for every single one of you!

1 comment:

Pam said...

That's a lot of rolls!