Saturday, September 18, 2010

Founder's Circle - Day 4!

My pants are fitting a tad bit snug today and the following four pictures are probably the reason why. There's an endless supply of goodies - chocolates and all kinds of sweet things - that you can eat to your heart's content! Trust me, if they run out, they've got more in those cabinets underneath!
Here is the Tote-ally Tess gal in Decor Elements decorating the windows for us in a '60s theme!
Couldn't resist posing like this! Everyone else was doing it, so I did, too! Like my cute pink bowling shirt?
Me and my super-fun buddy, Dawn Olchefske!
Here is bus one of three taking us somewhere - we haven't got a clue! The last day is always a surprise and there's been a rumor going around that we're not really going to bowl at all! Hmmm.
Aha! They took us to the St. George Convention Center to play Wii Bowling! Our Friday night dinner mates were our team! The name of our team was "The Jewels." The tables were decorated so nicely and we each had a Decor Elements Chalkboard with our name written on it for our placemat! We had a wonderful buffet of hamburgers, hot dogs, salad, potato salad, and fruit. It was delicious! Later on, you had your choice of several different types of pies! I chose pecan - does that sound typical for a Texas gal?
Here is our team - The Jewels! Sorry for the blurry picture, but it's all I've got of our team! From top - left to right - is France Martin, April Lopez, Sharon Armstrong, Jo Golden, and Dawn Griffith. On the bottom - left to right - is Jenny Peterson, Jacqui Craig, and me. They were all so much fun and I laughed ALL afternoon! I've got a headache from that now! Ha!
Look how seriously we took the bowling championship! We figured stamp sets must be on the line! This is my friend France really getting into the action! I tried my best, but I've never been good at bowling! I didn't care one bit - it was a completely enjoyable afternoon!
I was player #3! Not bad for an old lady who NEVER bowls!
This is France Martin, Jenny Peterson, me, and Sharon Armstrong in Heat #1!
This is Jacque Craig, April Lopez, Dawn Griffith, and Jo Golden in Heat #2!
After the bowling competition, each team had to perform a chant or cheer for the audience! We practiced really hard. Each team was scored by a panel of judges. We didn't win, but we had fun. Our cheer went something like this: We recruit in our pink and black - and we are called The Jewels. We love to stamp and scrap - and we are super duper cool! Well, I guess you had to have been there! When I returned to my room, this box was on my bed.
This is an Early Espresso sweater that is BEAUTIFUL! The sleeve has a piece of rubber sewn on to it that says "Stampin' Up!" I am completely in love with it and am already looking forward to our first cold front in Houston so I can wear it!
It has our Wide Early Espresso Striped Grosgrain Ribbon sewn all around the neckline and front. Oh, I love this sweater! Thank you, Stampin' Up! for an incredible four days in St. George and for making me feel so special! Being associated with an outstanding company like you has been indeed a pleasure for 12 years. Here's to a long and happy future together!

3 comments:

France Martin said...

Madame Tomas!!!!! What a pleasure to be on your team....I enjoy every minutes of it. Thank YOU for a lovely weekend and for YOUR friendship!

penguinstamper said...

HI FRENCHIE! I miss your energy and enthusiasm - and your adorable French accent! I had so much fun with you! I know we will be friends for a long time! You are precious!

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

I got your cheer uploaded!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz89XbkKJic

Enjoy :) :) :)

Caro