Friday, August 6, 2010

One of My Convention Swaps!

When you attend the Stampin' Up! convention, there is swapping mania that happens! If you don't take any swaps with you, you'll feel REALLY left out! We all want to be part of the mania! It's fun! You meet demonstrators from all over the United States and Canada and exchange cards with them. It's super-fun and something I always look forward to. This is one of my convention swaps this year. My love for card-making began 15 years ago when I was dry embossing all of my cards - and that led me into stamping cards. Dry embossing is still a favorite of mine, though, and always will be. For this card, I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and then used my Scallop Circle Punch to punch out the scallop. I also used the Finial Press Embossing Folder and then used my 1" Circle Punch to punch out the circle. Add a pearl, and VOILA! - you've got a classy little card going! The "Cheers to You" is an incentive stamp that is available to demonstrators.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning my dear! I so wish I'd been able to swap with you!
Have fun at FC! :)

penguinstamper said...

Hi Robin! It's so good to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy that you like my card, but I get my inspiration from so many talented and gifted people - PEOPLE KIND OF LIKE YOU! I am sad that I won't get to see you at Founder's Circle - I thought there was a possibility that you might come. Hey, you're on the Advisory Board, though - that REALLY IS the elite club, my friend! I wish I could join you there!

Pam said...

Absolutely beautiful, once again.

dorothy said...

this was the beautiful card you sent suzanne for graduation!!!! it is amazingly, strikingly beautiful!!! thank you (i'm going to steal it from her!!!!) (she WILL be doing thank you notes this weekend!!!) luv ya!!

penguinstamper said...

Not to worry, Dorothy! I am majorly behind on some thank-you notes I need to send, too, so I can't cast any stones!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I'll have to CASE this!
judy in st louis