Friday, May 14, 2010

The Beautiful Blogger Award!

WOO HOO! My friend Robin Owen has given me a Beautiful Blogger Award! I'm wondering who started all of these "blog awards," but they're sure fun! I'm supposed to spread the love, but with this award, you're also supposed to tell everyone ten things about yourself that they probably don't know, so I'll give it a try. I have such a BIG MOUTH, there really isn't too much about me that people don't know, but I'll try! 1. One of my favorite things to eat for lunch is to open a can of tuna, spread it on a cracker, then add chopped onion, chopped tomato, grated cheese, and a slice of jalapeno. That's a lot to put on a little cracker, but I sure have fun trying to get it all on there! I actually CRAVE this sometimes and nothing will do until I can have my tuna for lunch! Weird, huh? 2. I actually like eating jalapenos for a snack! 3. I love spicy food. If your nose doesn't run and it doesn't hurt while you're eating it, then it's not worth eating, as far as I'm concerned! 4. I'm an American Idol addict. If you call me during American Idol, I WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE! 5. I go to bed very early! I'm usually hitting the sack by 9:00 p.m. every night - and I don't care what any of you think - I LIKE going to bed early! 6. I'm married to the most incredible man in the world. He puts up with me and my stamping addiction. He just seems to "understand" me better than anyone else in the whole wide world. I'm keeping him! 7. I always have the best intentions to exercise, but I usually just can't seem to get there. It's probably because I saw an adorable card on Splitcoast that I just have to try out first! But then there's another one, and then another one, and, well, I'll start exercising tomorrow! 8. I'm a very sensitive person! Wish I could change that about myself and could grow a tougher hide, but at the age of 52 (gosh, almost 53), I think it's gonna stick! That's okay, we have to be who we are, right? You know what, though? I'd rather be sensitive than to be a cold, hard, uncaring person! 9. In my younger days, I used to be a court reporter! I would sit in depositions, swear people in, and then take down testimony on one of those nifty little machines that has fewer keys than the alphabet and then produce the transcript. It was an exciting job that kept me on my toes, and at one point I felt that I could perform back surgery because I'd heard about it so many times - which is a far cry from cutting paper and getting ready for my next stamp camp, but I'M HAVING WAY MORE FUN NOW and I find being a demonstrator to be far more rewarding, actually! 10. I'm dreading the day that my kids leave home. I KNOW, I KNOW! Many of you have told me that by the time they DO leave home, I'll be ready, but I just can't see that happening. They are the apples of my eye and I wouldn't mind if we all lived here together forever! Ask me in two years if I still feel that way! I think I will. Okay, I'm passing the beautiful blogger award on to: www.simpleandsincere.com. You all know I love simplicity in card-making - you just can't go wrong, and everyone enjoys a quick card that's still elegant and classy!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Love learning new things about you. But I did know about #3, 5, 6, 7, 8,9, and 10.

Idol is on tonight so I will be calling you! LOL!