Thursday, September 17, 2009

Founder's Circle Trip - Day 2!

I sat in the Gathering Place this evening and helped Kim Peck with her swaps for tomorrow night! I have never laughed so hard in my life! I had such a good time visiting with the demonstrators in the Gathering Place - I know my sides will be sore tomorrow from laughing! When I returned to my room, the Secret Garden book was on my bed! I love little surprises - they make life fun!
Tonight was a free night for us, so a bunch of demonstrators converged on the local Olive Garden and took over a big section of the restaurant! Seated at my table were Glenda Travelstead, Josee Smuck, and Susan Elise Morton! I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner with them - a great bunch of gals - and what a great exchange of information!
Dawn Olchefske and I are helping Ruth Bingle with her swaps so they'll be ready for our big event tomorrow night - the pajama party, business swap, and card swap!
There are beautiful Stampin' Up! wall rub-ons on all the doors and windows of the main part of the hotel! It's very classy looking!
Here's one of the candy carts available! Just grab a terra cotta pot and fill it with your favorite candy! There's also all the Cracker Jacks you can eat!
The picture above is the Gathering Place, where we can sit and visit with each other and make new friends! The pillows in the picture are made from fabric using the prints and patterns from our Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper!
What a fun day it's been! I slept in this morning and then sauntered downstairs and devoured a mushroom and onion omelet! While I was enjoying breakfast, I met a really nice demonstrator from Germany, Sara Wiger! She even gave me some German chocolates - I have a new best friend! I spent the entire morning in the solitude of my room working on a little book I've been constructing with the My Digital Studio software! I'm so excited about it and completely hooked and it was wonderful to have the quiet time to work on it! I'm almost finished and I can't wait to see it in its hardback form!

No comments: